Why is education so important? It has certainly been the driving force behind the evolution of Mankind, it has helped humans in shaping their behavior and has evolved us into a socialized group from a multi-cellular animal. It also defines how successful one can be in their career and life choices. The power of a good education has even made people wealthier.
One of the richest Europeans, Vasil Bojkov, is often referred to as the smartest person in the room by his friends and acquaintances. Much to his credit, education has played a very important role. He holds an astounding three master’s degree from three different universities in Mathematics, Economics and History of Art.
Many traits of an educated person can easily be observed in social behavior. We have made some points on the common characteristics and traits of an educated person:-
- They think clearly and can articulate ideas easily:- An educated person can think clearly and can define goals in a well executable manner.
- They have problem solving skills:- A well educated person can make better judgement than others. They constantly improve their problem solving skills and will not be afraid of asking help if are stuck.
- They are constantly improving themselves: – An educated person will not be afraid to learn something new. They know what will help them be better at what they do.
- They make wise wealth related decisions- An educated person knows which decision can affect his wealth. They are constantly looking to increase their wealth by investing in assets and can easily differentiate between an asset and a liability.
- They are independent:- An educated person is most likely going to be an independent self starter who can take the lead and make decisions, despite living in the constraint of communal environment.
- They are confident and comfortable:- An educated person is comfortable with themselves and own manner and this trait can also make others feel comfortable and at ease. They can acknowledge others’ feeling without feeling they have to prove they are better than someone else. They are sensitive to physical, psychological and moral surroundings.
- They are enduring: – An educated person has the ability to endure; their perseverance helps them come out of any difficult situation. They have the ability to complete a difficult task, even in the face of adversity.
- They are natural leaders: – An educated person has the ability to inspire others; their confidence drives confidence in followers and the people around them. They can think clearly and can communicate clearly, which makes them a perfect leader.
- They can stay true: – An educated person will respect the facts and the truth; they see things as the way they are. They show other people what they truly are; they do not tend to embellish or diminish facts in any way.
- They are champions of education:- An educated person will always tend to be a strong supporter and believer in education for the greater good. They will invest in better infrastructure for quality education.
Education is not only about how many degrees one has, it also means taking the opportunity to learn from all life experiences, from the past and from today then correlating that knowledge so that we grow in our relationship with other beings. An educated person is the one who is constantly searching for excellence, one who does not take things for granted and one who is concerned about the people and things around them. Vasil Bojkov is a huge supporter of Education in general. He has sponsored the department of Thracology at New Bulgarian University and is one of the biggest private collectors of Thracian artifacts in the world. The work he has done in restoring and preserving the ancient artifacts of Thrace will be national treasures for generations to come.